News Details

Bahrain-origin exports soar 62% to $862mln in July

Bahrain

Base Metal and Articles

19-08-2021

The value of Bahrain’s exports of national origin increased by 62% to BD327 million ($862 million) during July2021, compared to BD202 million for the same month of the previous year, said the Information &eGovernment Authority (iGA). The top 10 countries in terms of the value of exports of national origin purchased from Bahrain accounted for 75% of the total value, with the remaining countries accounting for 25%, added iGA’s foreign trade report of July 2021. The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia ranked first among countries receiving Bahraini exports of national origin, importing BD75 million from Bahrain. Meanwhile, the US was second with BD54 million and Egypt third with BD29 million. Unwrought aluminium alloyed emerged as the top products exported during July 2021 with BD97 million, agglomerated iron ores and concentrates was second with a value of BD67 million and third semi-finished iron and steel with BD18 million. The total value of re-exports increased by45% to reach BD60 million during July2021, compared toBD41 million for the same month of the previous year. The top 10 countries accounted for 87% of the re-exported value, while the remaining countries accounted for the 13%.TheKingdom of Saudi Arabia ranked first with BD25 million, United Arab Emirates second with BD11 million, and the Singapore third with BD6 million.

 

Portable digital automatic data processing machines the top product re-exported from Bahrain with BD9 million, Parts for use with telephone came in second place with BD7 million, and parts for aircraft engines came thirdwithBD6 million. The trade balance, difference between exports and imports, the value of the deficit of the trade balance reached BD31 million during July of 2021 versus BD135 million for the same month of the previous year with a decrease of 77%. The value of imports increased by 10%, reaching BD418 million during July2021compared to BD378 million for the same month of the previous year. The top 10 countries accounted for 71% of the value of imports, with the remaining countries accounting for 29%. According to the report, Brazil ranked first when it came to imports to Bahrain, with a total ofBD59 million, China was second with BD50 million; and the United Arab Emirates was third with BD31 million. Non-agglomerated iron ores and concentrates emerged as the top product imported into Bahrain with a total value of BD67 million, while aluminium oxide was second with BD26 million, and four-wheel drive cars third with BD17 million.